Sunday, December 14, 2008

Do-Over

When you're a kid and things don't work out the way you want, the answer is simple: you call for a do-over and try again until you get the result that you want. This week pretty much sucked in terms of working out and rather than spending time worrying about it or figuring out where things went wrong (and that is actually pretty clear -- somewhere between going to bootcamp on Wednesday and spending time parked in front of the chocolate fountain at the office holiday party on Thursday) I've decided to just call a do-over and see if I can get it right next time. A few things to change? No boot camp class -- the debilitating muscle pain that lasted three whole days and prevented me from attending my first swim lesson means whatever benefit I get from doing 250 push ups, sit ups, m0untain climbers, etc. doesn't offset what it takes away from the rest of my training. And stuffing myself on appetizers followed by chocolate shot glasses will not make me want to jump out of bed the next morning. And a bad day at work will not actually be made better by skipping the gym and eating nachos on the couch. I'm not sure if I fully believe that last one yet, but I'm working on it.

No comments: